Temporary Part-Time Election Assistant
Looking for a two election commitment including August 7, 2018 and November 6, 2018. Work schedule for the August 7, 2018 election cycle would begin on or about June 4, 2018 and run through August 17, 2018.
Work schedule for the November 6, 2018 election cycle is to be determined.
Hours may vary as each Election Day approaches. Pay will be $10.25 per hour to start.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
* Assist the Office of the Clerk in the administration of elections
* Assist in the preparation of precinct supplies and equipment
* Assist in the processing of absentee voter applications and ballots
* Setup, connect, test and tear down election equipment including tabulators, voter assist terminals and
laptop computers used on Election Day
* Setup, connect, test and tear down Absentee Counting Board equipment including high speed scanner and touchscreen computer and tabulation software
* Software/program installation on laptop computers used at the precincts on Election Day
* Creating dynamic written, graphic, and video content for social media
* Perform related work as required
* Proficiency in computer operations and connections expected
* Basic word processing skills
* Strong social media skills including copywriting, design, public speaking, customer service/community engagement and writing skills
* Capable of moving or lifting up to 10 and 20 pounds for short to medium distances
The Township of Grosse Ile is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based upon race, creed, color, religion, sex, height, age, national origin or against individuals with disabilities
Please submit applications to: Grosse Ile Township Clerk’s Office
Thank you for looking at Grosse Ile Township for employment.