Ute O'Connor, Township Clerk
(734) 676-4422, Ext. 235
Direct Fax: (734) 692-9682
- Served as Grosse Ile Township Clerk from 1997 through November, 2012.
- During that time, served as Liaison to the Recreation and Festival Commissions and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Served on the Communication Commission from 2011-2014.
- Elected to a four year term as Township Clerk on November 8, 2016.
- Currently serving as Board Liaison to the Planning Commission.
The Township Clerk's office is responsible for a wide variety of services and information which
includes providing guidance for the recording and keeping of official records, books and papers
of the Township Board and Commissions.
We serve the public by compiling and providing access to a wide range of information including
Agendas and Minutes of public meetings and other vital community notices and events.
We conduct all elections following Michigan Election Laws accurately and fairly and manage
voter registrations through the State of Michigan's Qualified Voter File system.
The Township Clerk's statutory duties are legally essential to the proper operation of municipal
government, including the proper maintenance of accounts payable and other financial ledgers
within the Uniform Chart of Accounts in conjunction with the Finance Director and her staff and
working with the Treasurer's Office to oversee the disbursement of all authorized payments.
Visit the Clerk's office to:
Office Manager/Deputy Clerk